Secondary Essay Prompts for the Rutgers, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Below are the secondary essay prompts for the Rutgers, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in Piscataway, NJ.
2017-2018: NJMS Secondary Application
Full questions and directions can be found at the NJMS Secondary Application webpage.
- Please indicate if you have an interest in any of the following Dual Degree programs:
MD/MPH MD/MBA MD w/Thesis MD/PhD
- Have you previously participated or are you currently participating in any programs affiliated with NJMS? Yes No, GSBS Mini-Med NERA-MedPrep Research Programs SMART SMDEP/SHPEP Summer Youth Scholars Program (SYSP) Other Program
- Do you have any relatives currently attending or who have graduated from NJMS?
- Do you have any other connection to NJMS, UMDNJ, or Rutgers?
- Have you applied to NJMS before, either through AMCAS or an accelerated/combined degree program?
- Prior to July 1, 2017, have you met with either Dr. Heinrich or Ms. Rivero?
- We value qualities of integrity, humanism, and passion and are committed to fostering a climate for diversity and inclusion. We feel these factors are critical to your growth as a future physician-leader. How will you contribute to our medical school community? *Please see the important MedEdits note below.
- Please discuss any additional information you believe important for the screening committee to know about you. Feel free to elaborate on any special circumstances, personal examples of resilience, discrepancies in academic history, etc.
- Please share any other information you feel uniquely enriches your candidacy for admission to NJMS:
- If you don’t currently reside in NJ, please share connections (if any) you may have.
- If you will not be a full time student between June 2017-August 2018, please describe in detail your planned activities, including chronology and time commitment.
- Are you the first in your immediate family who will/has graduate(d) from a four year college?
- Are you the first in your immediate family who will attend medical school?
- How do you self-identify: Asian, Hispanic, Latino, or of Spanish origin, Black, White, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, American Indian or Alaskan Native, Other
Rutgers Medical School Admissions
Question number 7 is a classic admissions question. How will you contribute to our medical school community? See our secondary essay resource center homepage to read an example answer to this type of question.
Secondary Essay Prompts for Other Schools
Do you want to see secondary essay prompts for other medical schools?
Select a school below:
California Northstate University School of Medicine, Elk Grove
Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles
Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford
University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, Sacramento
University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine, Irvine
University of California, Los Angeles David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles
University of California, Riverside, School of Medicine, Riverside
University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla
University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco
Florida Atlantic University Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, Boca Raton
Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Miami
Florida State University College of Medicine, Tallahassee
University of Central Florida College of Medicine, Orlando
University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville
University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine, Miami
USF Health Morsani College of Medicine, Tampa
Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science, North Chicago
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood
Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago
Rush Medical College of Rush University Medical Center, Chicago
Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago
University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago
Central Michigan University College of Medicine, Mount Pleasant
Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing
Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, Rochester
University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor
Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit
Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine, Kalamazoo
Albany Medical College, Albany
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx
City University of New York School of Medicine, New York
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York
Hofstra North Shore – Northwell School of Medicine, Hempstead
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York
Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University at Buffalo
New York Medical College, Valhalla
New York University School of Medicine, New York
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine, Brooklyn
State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse
Stony Brook University School of Medicine, Stony Brook
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester
Weill Cornell Medicine, New York
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland
Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown
Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus
The University of Toledo College of Medicine, Toledo
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati
Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, Dayton
Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia
Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, Philadelphia
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey
Raymond and Ruth Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia
The Commonwealth Medical College, Scranton
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston
Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine, Bryan
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, El Paso
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine, Lubbock
The University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio, San Antonio
University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School, Austin
University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine, Galveston
University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine, Harlingen
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas Southwestern Medical
*Data collected from MSAR 2016-2017 and institution website.
Disclaimer: The information on this page was shared by students and/or can be found on each medical school’s website. MedEdits does not guarantee it’s accuracy or authenticity.