Secondary Essay Prompts for the California Northstate University School of Medicine
Below are the secondary essay prompts for the Northstate University School of Medicine in Elk Grove, CA.
2017 – 2018
Why have you chosen to apply to CNUCOM?
- In the medical profession, you will be exposed to students, faculty, colleagues, and patients of various cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds. How has your involvement with diverse populations prepared you for potentially four years in Elk Grove, the greater Sacramento area, and the rest of the Central Valley? (250 words maximum)
- [Required] What has been your biggest challenge in pursuing medicine? What have you learned as a result? (250 words maximum) Myself, sometimes you have to just perservere
- [Required] In which direction would you like to see healthcare progress over the next decade? (250 words maximum)
- [Optional] If you have previously applied to medical school, what have you accomplished since that time that would warrant your admission now? (250 words maximum)
- [Recommended] Is there anything you would like the Admissions Committee to know that is not reflected elsewhere in your application? (250 words maximum)
2016 – 2017
MedEdits advises against using outdated prompts for the current season.
- If you were enrolled in less than 12 units/credits for more than 4 semesters/6 quarters during your undergraduate education, please provide a brief explanation.
- Please explain why you want to become a physician. Provide any experiences you had that have led you to this pursuit. Please limit to 250 words.
- In the current state of medical care, teamwork is critical for success. Please explain your understanding of what teamwork is; and identify your experiences of teamwork. Please limit to 250 words.
- In the medical profession you will be exposed to students, faculty, colleagues and patients from varying cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. Please explain how diversity has played a role in your life and education, and how would you apply this to your profession? Please limit to 250 words.
- Summarize information that may provide the Admissions Committee with a deeper understanding of your personal strengths and/or accomplishments not previously reflected in your AMCAS application. Please limit to 250 words.
California Northstate Secondary
Secondary Essay Prompts for Other Schools
Do you want to see secondary essay prompts for other medical schools?
Select a school below:
California Northstate University School of Medicine, Elk Grove
Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles
Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford
University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, Sacramento
University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine, Irvine
University of California, Los Angeles David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles
University of California, Riverside, School of Medicine, Riverside
University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla
University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco
Florida Atlantic University Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, Boca Raton
Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Miami
Florida State University College of Medicine, Tallahassee
University of Central Florida College of Medicine, Orlando
University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville
University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine, Miami
USF Health Morsani College of Medicine, Tampa
Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science, North Chicago
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood
Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago
Rush Medical College of Rush University Medical Center, Chicago
Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago
University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago
Central Michigan University College of Medicine, Mount Pleasant
Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing
Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, Rochester
University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor
Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit
Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine, Kalamazoo
Albany Medical College, Albany
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx
City University of New York School of Medicine, New York
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York
Hofstra North Shore – Northwell School of Medicine, Hempstead
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York
Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University at Buffalo
New York Medical College, Valhalla
New York University School of Medicine, New York
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine, Brooklyn
State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse
Stony Brook University School of Medicine, Stony Brook
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester
Weill Cornell Medicine, New York
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland
Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown
Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus
The University of Toledo College of Medicine, Toledo
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati
Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, Dayton
Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia
Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, Philadelphia
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey
Raymond and Ruth Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia
The Commonwealth Medical College, Scranton
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston
Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine, Bryan
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, El Paso
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine, Lubbock
The University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio, San Antonio
University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School, Austin
University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine, Galveston
University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine, Harlingen
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas Southwestern Medical
*Data collected from MSAR 2016-2017 and institution website.
Disclaimer: The information on this page was shared by students and/or can be found on each medical school’s website. MedEdits does not guarantee it’s accuracy or authenticity.