Why MedEdits Medical Admissions?
At MedEdits we realize that the large array of admissions consulting and editing companies can overwhelm even the most conscientious “consumer.” To help you choose the best organization to work with you or your loved one, we are outlining what distinguishes us so you can make an informed decision.
When deciding with whom to invest, you should ask yourself the two following questions:
- What kind of experience do I want the person or people I work with to have?
- What type of help am I looking for?
First, let’s focus on what MedEdits is not:
- We are not professionals from other industries who have studied the medical admissions data and process to guide you. These individuals have no actual experience in clinical medicine, academic medicine, or medical admissions.
- We are not peer advisors or current medical students who advise you based on what worked for us when we applied to medical school or residency.
- We are not community physicians who have spent little to no time in academic medicine beyond our residency training.
- We are not a comprehensive admissions company that focuses on other professional schools, such as law, business, or college. We live and breathe medical admissions. Medical admissions is our singular focus; it’s all we do.
- We do not have investors or third parties to please. We dedicate all of our energy and efforts to our students.
- We are not solo practitioners. As a small team with varied experiences, we rely on each other to offer you our combined wisdom and knowledge. Students benefit from our entire team’s expertise.
- We are not a “side hustle.” It’s our full time work.
While all admissions consultants, including those who fit the descriptions above, can be a help, they are not privy to the nuances of what goes on in the medical admissions process.
We hope, by highlighting who we are and what is important to MedEdits, you can decide if we are the right ‘fit” for you! The MedEdits Difference sets us apart from every other educational consulting company.
- Our advisors are all former admissions officers, and our company has more than 20 years of medical admissions experience. We have actually made the difficult admissions decisions and understand what goes on behind the scenes. We are insiders who know how things work behind closed doors. Since we know how admissions officers think, we communicate how to work that to your advantage by demystifying the process.
- Our founder, Dr. Jessica Freedman, is a physician and former medical school faculty member with extensive clinical, academic, and admissions experience. This is why MedEdits closely resembles the structure and ideals of an academic medical institution. Our faculty includes physicians, writer/editors, former medical school admissions directors, and deans. We work collaboratively and have a diverse group of professionals on our faculty, which reflects the real world of academic medicine.
- We consistently review medical admissions data, staying up to date with trends in medical admissions and clinical medicine.
- Our success rates are phenomenal; more than 90% of our students are accepted to medical school the first time they apply. An even higher percentage of our students match in to their top-choice specialties.
- We offer unlimited document revisions. However, because we understand that the one thing most applicants don’t have is unlimited time, we work efficiently and effectively. We are able to do this because all of our editors are professional writer/editors with many years of experience; no other company offers this benefit. The vast majority of MedEdits students write submission-worthy documents in three to five revisions. We help you to tell your story in your own voice; we won’t ghostwrite your documents.
- Our document turnaround times are fast, two to three business days, but not so fast that we feel rushed when working on your documents, which can compromise quality.
- We have experts in whatever you need – BS/MD, AMCAS, TMDSAS, ERAS, medical specialties. We also don’t want or expect our faculty to work in areas where they are not comfortable nor where they have no expertise. This is why we have medical admissions writer/editors on our faculty. The reality is that medical educators are often not that skilled at reviewing and editing admissions documents, and they generally are not comfortable doing this kind of work.
- We know this process is very stressful, and we are here to provide the emotional as well as academic support you need. We encourage our students to reach out when they feel stressed, confused, or discouraged so we can reinvigorate, motivate, and inspire them! Need to talk to someone immediately? Call our office and speak to someone knowledgeable.
- We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards. We don’t sugarcoat; we will be honest and straightforward about your “chances” and what you need to improve them (if necessary). We don’t make empty promises or offer any “guarantees.” MedEdits will help you in the most practical, efficient, and supportive way we can by offering personalized guidance and advice to help you reach your goals.
By working with MedEdits, you will learn important life skills that will be transferrable to your everyday life and into the future. By understanding the politics of academic medicine, you will be better positioned to navigate medical school, residency, and your future career.