Creating an Admissions Strategy
For applicants six months or more away from applying to medical school, premedical advising is for students who are in college, post baccalaureate or special master’s programs and nontraditional applicants. MedEdits offers mentoring to help these students gain admission to medical school by complementing guidance from students’ home schools.
Students often procrastinate and try to complete application materials in a hurry, which can compromise success. By working with MedEdits, students are well prepared to apply when the time comes and maximize their chances of success.
The common goals of premedical advising are as follows:
- Identify the student’s passions and interests, and create a plan to nurture them.
- Discuss in detail the student’s extracurricular, research, teaching, volunteer and clinical experience and help the student identify themes in his or her background.
- Evaluate the need to enhance the student’s academic record with additional coursework or formal programs.
- Discuss when to take the MCAT.
- Discuss course selection, if applicable.
- Encourage journaling and writing about experiences.
- Start developing a framework for the personal statement and application entries.
- Provide a thorough explanation of the student’s record from the perspective of the medical school admissions committee.
- Discuss circumstances that have affected academic and extracurricular performance, and discuss how to address these issues.
- Discuss who should write letters of reference.
- Create a master plan with milestones, periodic reviews and meetings until the application is submitted.
- Complete all admissions documents before June 1st of the application year to ensure early application submission.
Benefit from MedEdits’ expertise throughout your undergraduate career and throughout the application process. MedEdits’ Premed Packages allow applicants to receive longer-term guidance before medical school matriculation. Working with a MedEdits’ faculty member, through bimonthly meetings, ensure you are building an academic, extracurricular and scholarly profile that will make you the most competitive applicant possible. We will also help you navigate any possible hurdles you might encounter on your path to medical school.
When you are six to eight months away from submitting your primary application and secondary essays, we will work with you to compile a medical school list, compose stellar application documents and refine your interview skills. MedEdits’ Premed Packages allow students to take full advantage of our expertise and track record of success.
To purchase a package or service, please follow these steps.
Step 1: Payment
Submit payment below. Click on the BUY NOW button (below) to pay via PayPal or credit card.
*If you do not hear from MedEdits promptly, please check your spam/junk folder or contact us. By submitting payment, you agree to our terms and conditions.
After payment is submitted, we will send you a diagnostic inventory questionnaire to complete and directions on how to proceed.
Step 2: Schedule Your Session
*You can also click on this button to view our calendar/availability before submitting payment.
Premed Long Term Advising Packages
Premed Premier Package
Ideal for applicants 3 – 5 years away from matriculating
- Monthly or bimonthly 30 minute sessions (up to 30 sessions)
- Personal Statement Editing (rough draft up to 850 words, includes up to three revisions)
- Application Entry Editing (entries must adhere to character limits, includes up to three revisions)
- School List Review
- Secondary Essay Editing (up to 3000 words, up to three revisions per essay)
- Mock Interview (includes individualized written feedback)
- Waitlist guidance and letter of intent editing (if needed)
- Post-acceptance strategy session