- How to Get Off a Medical School Waitlist MedEdits eGuide
- Residency Rank Order List Strategy MedEdits eGuide
- The MedEdits Guide to Medical School Admissions
- How To Be an All-Star Residency Match Applicant: From the First Year of Medical School to Match Day. A MedEdits Guide.
- The Residency Interview
- The Medical School Interview
The Best Medical School Admissions Guide
The Medical School Admissions Guide
The MedEdits Guide to Medical School Admissions
Dr. Jessica Freedman, a former Mount Sinai School of Medicine faculty member, offers concrete guidance to help applicants distinguish themselves in the medical school admissions process. Read full personal statements and applications by students who were accepted to medical school! This book includes examples of application entries, “most meaningful” experiences, personal statements, secondary essays, and letters of intent.
This is comprehensive and up to date guide offers realistic advice for applicants on many topics including:
- Where to go to college if you are premed
- When to take the MCAT
- Whom to ask for letters of reference
- How to write a personal statement
- How to write application experience entries
- How to write “most meaningful” experience application entries
- What medical schools look for in applicants
- Medical school admission requirements
- What applicants can do to market themselves most effectively
- How medical school admissions committees decide whom to interview
- What to do if you are “waitlisted”
- Deciding where to apply and attend
Best Books for Getting into Medical School
The Best Book for the Residency Match
How To Be an All-Star Residency Match Applicant: From the First Year of Medical School to Match Day. A MedEdits Guide.
You were able to get into medical school so you think it will be the same process all over again when you apply for residency. But every application process has nuances, and the criteria for selection and how you will be evaluated during the residency admissions process is distinctly different from the medical school process. In general, the residency admissions process is much more focused. To get into residency, having experiences in a bunch of different “categories” is not essential. This doesn’t mean, however, that all you should do throughout medical school is study to be competitive, but you don’t need as many activities and it is unlikely you will have the time to pursue them!
Books for First to Fourth Year Medical Students
The Residency Interview
The Residency Interview includes:
- How to prepare for your interview
- What to expect on interview day
- The different types of interviewers
- What information you must convey during your interview
- How to structure your answers and direct your interview
- What to wear, how to behave on tours, lunches, “night before” gatherings and many other topics.
The Best Residency Interview Book
The Best Book to Read Before a Medical School Interview
The Medical School Interview
Based on her experience as an admissions officer and as a private advisor, Dr. Freedman provides guidance on what to expect on interview day, how to influence what is discussed during your interview and what you can do to ensure a stellar interview performance. She also writes about what goes on “behind the scenes” after your interview and provides a transcript for a sample interview.
The Medical School Interview includes:
- What you must do to prepare
- What the interviewer is trying to assess
- How to influence the course of your interview
- The different types of interviewers and how this impacts your experience
- How you are evaluated
- What happens at the admission committee meeting after you leave
- A sample interview with questions and answers
The Best Medical School Interview Book for both MD and DO Applicants
How to Get Off a Medical School Waitlist MedEdits eGuide
- How can I get off a medical school waitlist?
- How do I write a letter of intent?
- Is there any additional information I can send medical schools?
- When might I get off a waitlist?
- What are my chances of getting off a waitlist?
- What is a letter of interest?
- Bonus: The MedEdits Guide to Medical School Admissions Excerpt – Medical School Interview Excerpt
Purchase and download your copy NOW!$9.99