Are you applying to Osteopathic medical school in 2018-2019? If so, be sure to understand the latest characteristics of those who entered in summer/fall of 2017.
According to a report recently published by the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine, “there were 2.85 applicants for each COCA[*]-approved seat in the first-year class.” Osteopathic Medical School Admissions – Entering Class – Top 10 Statistics. This is important information for whether you’re applying to top 10 Osteopathic medical schools or any DO schools.
2016-2017 Osteopathic Applicant Pool
- 20,836 applicants
- 7317 COCA-approved seats
- Mean applicant age: 24
- 73% of the applicants had a baccalaureate degree in the life sciences
- 10.4% of the applicants had a baccalaureate degree in the social sciences
- Mean science GPA: 3.58
- Mean overall GPA: 3.45
- Mean male MCAT score: 502
- Mean female MCAT score: 500
- Top feeder college: University of Florida, with 377 students
*Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation